Matt Valyo - Team Director and Head Coach
Matt has been working with youth and junior triathletes in the draft legal format since 2006. His qualifications include:
- BS in Exercise and Sports Science with a concentration in Clinical Exercise Physiology where he earned the department's Kinesiologist Award and the Research Award at Fitchburg State University
- Director and Head Coach of multiple USAT National Camps
- Talent ID Liaison at USA Triathlon
- Certified Level 2 and Youth/Junior USAT Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer with the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
He conducted the first of it's kind research in the United States (and first in the world since 2004) into the performance of the junior and youth athletes at Fitchburg State University in Massachusetts where his research focuses on the performance of junior and youth elite triathletes. Matt is also the director of 2 of the USAT national junior elite select camps. Before coaching TAF, Matt served in the US Coast Guard for 8 years, and as a paramedic for 10 years, designing training plans for the military, police, fire, doctors, and nurses.
Gabriella Stolpinski - Assistant Coach and Team Captain
Gabby has been racing with TAF since she was 13 years old. Racing for TAF in both youth and junior elite, she has since earned her USA Triathlon Level 1 coaching certification. Her racing career includes three Talent ID Series podiums, including the 2015 Northeast Talent ID Series Championship.
Sue Sotir - Swim & Sports Psychology Consultant
Sue is a USAT Level I coach and has more than 15 years swim coaching experience at many different levels. She holds a PhD in Sports Psychology and is a professor at Springfield College in the Exercise Science Department.